Brazilian Carrot Cake Is Just The Thing You Need
Brazil is known all over the world for its carnivals, rainforest, and soccer players. But Brazilian baked goods are no less impressive, like this carrot cake with a molten dark chocolate filling. Yummy!
For the batter:
- 5 carrots
- 11 fl oz vegetable oil
- 5 eggs
- 12 oz flour
- 10 oz sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the pralines:
- 1 oz butter
- 1 oz cocoa powder
- 13 fl oz sweetened condensed milk
For the chocolate glaze:
- 5 fl oz milk
- 3 oz cocoa powder
- 3 oz butter
- 14 oz sugar
- chocolate sprinkles
1. Peel the carrots and purée them together with the vegetable oil and the eggs in a blender.
2. Pour the mixture into a bowl and stir in the flour, sugar, and baking powder until you have a smooth batter. Then pour the batter into a ring cake baking pan.
3. For the pralines, melt the ingredients in a pan while stirring constantly. As soon as the praline mixture is nice and even, chill it in the fridge for 1 hour.
4. Now form the praline mixture into balls, coat them in some flour, and let them sink into the batter. Once that's done, slide the ring cake pan into the oven. Bake it for 1 hour at 350°F. Next, turn the cake out onto a plate and let it cool down.
5. For the chocolate glaze, melt the milk, cocoa powder, butter, and sugar together in pan. The chocolate doesn't just form a thin coating over the cake, but is poured into the middle of the ring until it overflows down the outside. To finish, decorate your masterpiece with chocolate sprinkles.
As soon as this Brazilian chocolate dream has cooled down, you can host your very own carnival of the senses — the chocolate balls will conjure up tricks on your tongue, while the liquid chocolate flowing out from the center as you cut the first slice provides a feast for the eyes that's just as enticing!