A Beautiful Parcel: Chocolate Wrapped In A Puff Pastry Braid
A block of chocolate is more often than not packaged appealingly. But actually, there's an even better way to wrap it up and what's more, the packaging is even edible! All you'll need are three ingredients, a very small amount of skill and a few minutes time.
You will need:
- 1 packet of puff pastry (from the refrigerated section)
- 1 block of chocolate
- 1 egg
- chopped nuts
- Roll out the pastry and place the block of chocolate (without the packaging of course) right in the middle of the pastry at the top.
- Now cut the pastry diagonally on both sides with a knife or pizza cutter. The cuts should have a distance of just under an inch between them.
- And now we come back to the packaging: fold the top two pastry strips across the chocolate block from one side to the other, alternating the sides, and then work your way down the block (as if you were braiding it) until all the strips have been folded over. If there is any leftover pastry, just cut it off.
- Now whisk up an egg and coat the pastry with it. Before you bake your braid, sprinkle some chopped nuts over it.
- Then it's time to bake it: 400°F for 20 - 25 minutes.
You have to enjoy the chocolate braid straight out of the oven, so that you experience the 'melting in your mouth' sensation of the chocolate center. Why not make a friend this special treat? Depending on their preference, you could easily swap the chocolate inside: it really doesn't matter whether you opt for white, dark or milk chocolate, the effect is still same - scrumdiddlyumptious!