Mini Chocolate Mole Cakes With A Banana & Coconut Cream Filling
Gardeners and farmers might typically find moles annoying – especially when they burrow their way into your yard and leave a big mess behind – but outdoor enthusiasts will only have good things to say about these delicious chocolate treats with a surprise filling!
For the chocolate cake:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup milk
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
For the coconut cream:
- 1¾ cups cream cheese
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 5 oz dark chocolate, melted
- 2 bananas
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Combine the coconut cream ingredients, mix until smooth, and refrigerate while you prepare the chocolate cake.
2. Whip the eggs and sugar until frothy and then stir in the vanilla extract, vegetable oil, and milk. Finally, fold in the cocoa powder, flour, and baking powder. Pour the batter into a greased sheet pan and cook for 15 minutes. Let the cake cool before moving onto the next step.
3. Melt the dark chocolate in a water bath, pour it over the coconut cream, and gently swirl it around the bowl so it covers the cream on top.
4. Once the chocolate has set, break it with a spoon, fold the pieces into the cream, and refrigerate the bowl once more.
5. Use a glass to cut 9 even circles in the cake and carefully pull them out.
6. Cut the bananas into bite-sized pieces and place one piece on each cake circle.
7. Spread the coconut cream around the banana slice in the shape of a dome.
8. Crumble the rest of the chocolate cake left in the pan.
9. Sprinkle the chocolate cake crumbs over the coconut cream domes until they are fully coated.
You can find the recipe for the Banana Bread Tower featured in the bonus video here.