Chocoholic Cake: Layers Upon Layers Of Chocolate
Do you love chocolate and think there's no such thing as too much chocolate? Do you enjoy crafting fancy cakes with intricate toppings? Do you really want to wow people with your next concoction? Then this is the dessert for you! With chocolate, chocolate, chocolate at every level, everyone will be begging you for the recipe after they manage to get a bite!
- 21 oz dark chocolate
- 9 oz butter
- 10½ oz sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 10 oz flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 20 Lindt pralines
- 3½ fl oz sweetened condensed milk
- 9 oz butter
- 2 tbsp brownie mix
- caramel candies
- dark chocolate, melted
- mint leaves
1. Heat the pralines in a water bath until they melt. Add the sweetened condensed milk and stir together until a smooth cream forms.
2. Mix the dark chocolate, butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, flour, salt, and baking powder together and pour the batter in a springform pan. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes. Let it cool and then cut it horizontally in 3 layers.
3. Coat the bottom cake piece with a layer of praline cream and place the second cake piece on top. Coat this piece with the praline cream and place the third and final cake piece on top. Beat the butter and brownie mix together until a smooth cream forms, and spread this over the top and sides of the cake.
4. Place a caramel on a sheet pan and cover it with a sheet of parchment paper. Pass a rolling pin back and forth under the paper-covered caramel until the candy is flat. Place a small bowl on the flattened caramel and cut out a circle.
5. Place several slightly overlapping caramel circles next to each other.
6. Roll up the circles in one piece and fold and cut the edges on one side until you have a caramel rose. Make as many caramel roses as you want to adorn the top of your fancy chocolate cake.
7. Melt the second bath of dark chocolate and carefully dip one side of each mint leaf in the liquid chocolate. Let the chocolate set before gently peeling the mint leaves off.
8. Now decorate the chocolate cake to your heart's content with your chocolate flowers and leaves.
And voilà – a chocolate cake with edible decorations that taste as good as they look! Enjoy it together with your other chocolate-loving friends!
You can find the recipes for the Cherry Jam Puff Pastry Treats featured in the bonus video here.