Chili Cheese Dog Baked Potatoes
Hot dog – you'll never go back to a boring baked potato after this zesty recipe!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
For the chili cheese dog baked potatoes:
- 3 baked potatoes
- ½ stick butter, divided
- 6 slices of cheddar cheese
- 3 fried hot dogs
- ketchup, mustard & scallions to garnish
For the chili:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 frozen chicken breast, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chili pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 tomatoes
- ½ cup cooked kidney beans
- ¼ cup cooked navy beans
- 1 tbsp chili seasoning
1. For the baked potatoes, wash them, place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, and cook in a preheated oven at 350°F for 1 hour. Slice the hot potatoes down the center and slightly mash the insides of each potato with a bit of butter.
2. For the fried hot dogs, attach some cooking twine to a wooden skewer and push the skewer through the tops of the 3 hot dogs. Thread the cooking twine through the hot dogs, remove the wooden skewer, and space out the hot dogs on the cooking twine. Cut each hot dog lengthwise, making sure not to cut all the way through, and then make several diagonal cuts in each hot dog. Use the cooking twine to lower the hot dogs into a pot of hot cooking oil and fry until cooked through.
3. For the chili, heat some olive oil in a pan over medium heat and grate the frozen chicken breast directly into the pan. Let the chicken cook a bit and then add the garlic, chili pepper, and onion to the pan. Pass the tomatoes through a ricer over the pan to release the tomato juice and add the kidney beans, navy beans, and chili seasoning to the pan. Stir to combine and let the chili simmer for 5-10 minutes.
4. Top each baked potato with 2 slices of cheddar cheese, a spoonful of chili, and a fried hot dog. Garnish with ketchup, mustard, and sliced scallions.