Chicken Shooter's Sandwich
A freshly baked loaf of bread can become so much more than just a side to your meal. This epic chicken shooter's sandwich recipe is going to show you an amazing new way to prepare your sandwiches, jam-packed for ultimate deliciousness. Load up your loaf with marinated chicken, spinach, red onions, potatoes, tomatoes, and plenty of cheese, stick it in the oven, and prepare yourself for an explosion of flavor. This is one sandwich you'll never forget!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
For the marinated chicken:
- 8 oz chicken breast, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
For the chicken shooter's sandwich:
- 1 round loaf of crusty bread
- 8 oz spinach, sautéed
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, sliced & cooked
- marinated chicken
- ¾ cup heavy cream + 2 eggs
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ stick garlic & herb butter, cubed
1. Combine the chicken, garlic powder, paprika, rosemary, chili powder, and vegetable oil and let marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes.
2. Cut a lid off of the bread loaf and hollow out the inside to make a bread bowl. Place the bread bowl and the bread lid on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
3. Fill the bread bowl with the sautéed spinach, red onion slices, and cooked potato slices.
4. Remove the marinated chicken from the fridge and spoon it on top of the potato slices. Whisk the heavy cream and eggs together, pour the mixture over the marinated chicken in the bread bowl, and top with the tomato slices and shredded mozzarella cheese.
5. Place the garlic & herb butter cubes on top of the bread lid.
6. Transfer the baking tray to a preheated oven and cook at 350°F for 35-40 minutes.
Whether you're looking to level up your lunches or make shooter sandwiches a new dinnertime staple, this recipe is going to change the way you see bread. Feel free to switch up the fillings in order to make this sandwich perfect for you!
Get the recipe for the Steak & Spinach Shooter's Sandwich featured in the bonus video.