A Mexican chicken dish so simple, it almost cooks itself.
Do you often feel no desire to cook because of all the work and mess involved? Well today there's good news! With just a small amount of effort and a casserole dish, you can conjure up an absolutely delicious dinner in a very short time. But don't worry: most of this time is spent waiting for the food to prepare itself!
You'll need the following ingredients:
- 8 oz uncooked rice
- 8 oz kidney beans
- 8 oz corn
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3 oz grated cheese
- Wash the uncooked rice and put it, along with the beans and corn, into a casserole dish.
- Add the spices: cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt and oregano
- Now pour in the tomato sauce and chicken broth. Mix all ingredients in the dish together but gently!
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the mixture and add a little more salt and pepper.
- Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil and cook in the oven for 90 minutes at 350°F.
- After 90 minutes, remove the aluminum foil and sprinkle the cheese over the chicken breasts.
- As soon as the cheese has melted, you can start to set the table! Make sure the cheese does not start to brown.
If only cooking could always be so easy! This tasty dish requires only a bit of mixing, and then it's time to relax. So little effort, so little mess-it's a culinary dream come true!