A pocket full of flavor: Chicken Breast in Puff Pastry
When you hear the word "pocket" referring to food, the first thing that probably comes to mind is that quick and easy snack: the pizza pocket. They're great for a quick bite on the run, but they're not what you would consider a proper meal. So we've decided to take the pocket concept and apply it to a dish that you'll be proud to serve to your family and friends. Check out this Chicken Breast in Puff Pastry...
You'll need (for 1 portion):
- 1 chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 3 oz mozzarella
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- oil for frying
- 1 portion puff pastry dough
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cut the chicken breast and fold it open. Season with salt and pepper, spread the cream cheese on one half and add the mozzarella. Sprinkle on some chives and fold it back together.
- Wrap the breast in prosciutto, heat the oil in a pan and brown the wrapped breast on both sides.
- Lay the chicken breast on one half of the puff pastry dough, baste the open side of the dough with egg, and cover it with the other half of the dough. Use a fork to press down the edges of the dough. Now baste the top of the pastry dough with egg.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 °F.
With a fresh salad on the side, this is one tasty and healthy dish... and it sure beats a pizza pocket! Feel free to try out some other kinds of fillings too. How about some tangy cheddar cheese, or zesty feta. Let your imagination run wild and create your own unique pocket full of flavor!