Chicken Potato Salad Cake Lined With Cheese
If we say "salad" and you immediately think of potato salad, you're in for a treat! And if you also love chicken salad, even better, because today we're combining both for a whole new salad experience. This one comes in the form of a cake that is surrounded by a wall of cheese and it's quite stunning to behold. The creamy chicken potato salad is hidden from view by a layer of thinly sliced dill pickles to cut through the richness. Are you ready for the potato salad experience of a lifetime? Then check out this recipe!
For the chicken potato salad:
- 8 oz chicken breast
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 14 oz dill pickles, chopped
- 3 large potatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- ¾ cup sour cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8-inch springform pan
- 25 slices of cheese
- 3 oz black olives
1. First boil the potatoes. If you make small incisions all around the potatoes with a knife before boiling them, the skin will come off very easily later. Once the potatoes are boiled and peeled, cut them into chunks and add them to a bowl.
2. Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper, and paprika before frying in a pan on both sides. Cut the meat into chunks and add to the bowl with the potatoes. Also add the chopped red onions, apples, and half of the pickles, as well as the mayonnaise and sour cream before mixing until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the potato salad to a springform pan and smooth it down with a spoon. Cut the rest of the pickles into thin slices and place them on top of the potato salad cake in a circular fan pattern. Refrigerate the potato salad cake.
4. Remove the ring from the springform pan, roll up the cheese slices (spread some mayonnaise on them to make them hold), and place the rolls all around the potato salad cake before garnishing with black olives.
No, this is not your regular old potluck potato salad. Instead, the special ingredients elevate the whole dish to a new plateau that is just waiting to be discovered and definitely turn it into a real eye-catcher!
Get the recipes for the 3 Crazy Delicious Potato Dishes featured in the bonus video.