Parmesan chicken in a crispy coating: Recipe for a hearty meal
It's that "Brr!" time of the year again, so there's nothing better than a warm, hearty meal on those cold winter evenings. Our delicious recommendation for combating Jack Frost and a grumbling stomach combines pan-fried chicken breast with a tasty tomato and cheese topping. What could be better?
You'll need (for one serving):
- 2.6 oz spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped up
- salt and pepper
- 1 chicken breast
- oil for frying
- 5 fl oz tomato sauce
- 1½ tbsp grated parmesan
- 2½ tbsp grated mozzarella
- Cook the spaghetti in salted water. After drying off, place the spaghetti in a pan and heat it up with some olive oil, parsley, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Next, season the chicken breast with some salt and pepper. It's now time to bread it. To do this, cover the chicken breast in flour, egg, then breadcrumbs. Now fry both sides of the chicken breast in hot oil. Since it'll be going in the oven soon, there's no need to cook it right through.
- Spoon the tomato sauce onto the chicken before sprinkling some parmesan and mozzarella on top. Bake your Chicken Parmigiana at 360°F for 10 minutes.
When serving, use tongs to wrap up the spaghetti and place it next to the chicken breast on your plate. You can also make more tomato sauce for your pasta. Enjoy!