Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Crunchwrap With A Spicy Dip
When it comes to Tex-Mex, fajitas are an unsung hero that don't get nearly the kind of attention they deserve. But that's all about to change with this delicious hybrid dish that combines the fresh, delicious taste of fajitas with the incredible texture of crunchwraps. The combination of sautéed vegetables, seasoned meat, and crisp flour tortillas topped off with a spicy dip is definitely something to write home about!
For the fajita seasoning:
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp brown sugar
For the crunchwrap:
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced
- 3 onions, sliced
- 2 yellow peppers, cut into strips
- 2 red peppers, cut into strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp melted butter
- 9 large flour tortillas
- 6 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese (or Pepper Jack or queso quesadilla cheese)
- 3 oz spicy tortilla chips
For the dip:
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 3 oz mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 3 tbsp sliced jalapeños
- 1 tbsp honey
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F and prepare the fajita seasoning. Slice the peppers, onions, and chicken breasts and add the strips to a pan. Drizzle 3 tbsp of olive oil on top, season with 2 tbsp of fajita seasoning, mix well, and cook for 25 minutes. After the chicken and vegetables have cooked, remove the pan from the oven and lower the temperature to 350°F.
2. Coat another deep sheet pan with melted butter and arrange 7 tortillas on the pan as shown in the video.
3. Spread half of the cheese over the base of the dish, followed by half of the fajita mix.
4. Spread the tortilla chips over the fajita mix, followed by the rest of the fajita mix and then the rest of the cheese.
5. Cover everything with 2 additional tortillas in the middle of the dish and then fold the protruding edges of the other tortillas inwards.
6. Cover the pan with a piece of parchment paper and push it down with another pan. Place the sheet pan with the fajita crunchwrap in the oven and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
7. Prepare the dip using the above ingredients.
8. Cut the chicken fajita crunchwrap into individual portions and enjoy!
Now that's what we call a fiesta! If you want to keep the party going, you can find the recipe for the Chicken Avocado Fiesta Salad featured in the bonus video here.