Chicken Caesar Wedge Salad Roll
Instead of counting sheep, the next time you're having trouble falling asleep, try thinking of salads. Chopped up vegetables, pieces of chicken breast, and greens: It's the same old thing every dang time, and they all end up looking the same. That's why we decided to give plain old romaine lettuce a makeover by stuffing it with all your fave salad fixings. Prepare to be amazed!
For the salad wedges:
- romaine lettuce
- croutons to garnish
For the chicken caesar salad:
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup shredded parmesan
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ lemon
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- 10 bacon strips
1. Cook the chicken breasts in a skillet. Use 2 forks to shred the meat and allow to cool. Add the bacon to the skillet, cook until crispy, and let cool.
2. Remove the core from the romaine lettuce and separate the salad into individual leaves. Wash each leaf and use a paper towel to pat them dry.
3. For the chicken caesar salad, combine the eggs, parmesan, mustard, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. Use an hand blender to blend until it thickens.
4. Add the shredded chicken, diced tomatoes, and parsley to the mixture and season with salt and pepper.
5. Spread the chicken caesar salad on the salad leaves and put a slice of bacon on top of each one.
6. Now reconstitute the original shape of the lettuce by putting the stuffed leaves back together.
7. Wrap the stuffed salad roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
8. Before serving, carefully unpack the salad and cut it into thick slices. And if you feel like it, you can add some croutons on top as well.
This one is perfect for all the salad lovers out there who want to forge a new path forward in the salad world. It's got everything you want in a salad with the added bonus of looking really unique.
You can find the recipe for the Stuffed Cabbage Cake featured in the bonus video here.