Pan-Fried Chicken Served Over Zoodles And Potatoes
Sometimes the simplest dishes end up tasting the best, like this tasty pan-fried chicken served over zoodles and potatoes. Between the chicken's balsamic vinegar, honey, and rosemary marinade; the tender zoodles made from fresh zucchinis; and delicious fried potatoes, this dish is bound to become one of your staples. Well balanced, tasty, and quick & easy to make, this is the perfect meal to prepare during busy weeks, or when you want to make something satisfying over the weekend.
Yield: 3 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3 zucchinis
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp honey
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 14 oz potatoes, peeled & boiled
- olive oil
- 2 red onions
- 2 tbsp flour
- ¾ stick butter
- chopped parsley
1. Cut one side of each of the chicken breasts in a criss-cross pattern, them place them in a baking dish with the sliced side facing upwards.
2. Remove the rosemary from the stem and chop it, then sprinkle it over the sliced chicken breasts. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar and honey over the chicken breasts, then massage the marinade and rosemary into the surface of the chicken. Let everything sit for about 10 minutes.
3. Sprinkle the flour over the sliced side of the chicken breasts, then pat it into the surface of the meat. Fry the chicken in a pan with some olive oil in it, starting with the sliced side facing down and then flipping it over once it turns golden brown. Once both sides are cooked, place the chicken back in the baking pan with the extra marinade inside.
4. Chop the boiled potatoes, then cook them up in the warm pan until they become golden brown. Chop the red onions and add them to the pan with the potatoes.
5. Slice the zucchinis into thin noodles using a peeler, then add them to the pan with the potatoes and red onions. Let everything cook together until the zoodles become soft, then season everything with salt & pepper.
6. Place the cooked chicken breasts in the pan on top of the potatoes and zoodles. Pour the rest of the marinade on top, then add the butter on top of each chicken breast. Place the lid on top of the pan and let everything cook together on low heat for about 10 minutes. To serve, chop some parsley and sprinkle it on top of the entire dish.
Sometimes all it takes for a dish to go above and beyond are the right ingredients and right techniques. This simple meal is guaranteed to keep the whole family coming back for more!