Crispy breading with a cheesy filling: Chicken Alfredo
When it comes to attractiveness, there's an old saying that goes "It's what's inside that counts." No matter how good-looking someone is, if they're not genuinely nice, it can be a real turnoff. In some cases the same applies in the kitchen — some meals may not look like much on the outside, but when you bite into them you discover their true hidden beauty. This next recipe is a perfect example of this, although that crispy breading on the outside isn't exactly hard on the eyes either. Looks aside, nothing will prepare you for the flavor sensation that's hiding within this amazing Chicken Alfredo...
You'll need (for 3 portions):
- 4 slices prosciutto, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
- Fry the prosciutto and add the onions. Mix the prosciutto, onions, cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan and parsley in a bowl. Add salt and pepper.
- Cut open the chicken breasts and fill them with the mix. Salt and pepper the chicken breasts.
- Roll the chicken breasts in flour, then in the egg, and finally in the breadcrumbs. If you want a particularly thick crust, roll the breasts through the egg and breadcrumbs a second time.
- Fry both sides of the breasts lightly on medium heat and then bake them in the oven for 20 minutes at 350° F.
When the breasts are done, you can serve them with a nice salad for a light but hearty summer meal. Your family and friends might not bat an eye when they see it on the plate, but when they bite into all that yummy filling, their eyes are sure to light up!