Help Yourself To A Chicken Alfredo Garlic Roll
For some, the following recipe may seem like a rather pointless exercise which involves "hiding" the chicken alfredo goodness inside a loaf of sliced bread. Yet others will see the bread as the perfect base for creating a culinary delight that's great for sharing. If you happen to fall into the former category, we're now going to try our best to win you over with a delicious dish that's hard to resist.
- 12 slices of toasting bread
- 15 slices of cheese
- olive oil, for frying
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2⅔ oz diced bacon
- 12 oz cream cheese
- 3¼ oz grated parmesan
- 3 tbsp cream
- ⅓ oz chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- melted herb butter
1. Remove the crust from all the slices of bread and arrange them in three rows of four slices. Make sure that all of the slices slightly overlap each other. Now use a bit of elbow grease to roll out the slices of bread with a rolling pin until they're all molded into one another. Just be careful that the slices of bread don't tear. You can also wet the bread at the points where they overlap with some water. This helps them mold into each other more easily. Afterward, place five slices of cheese on each row.
2. Heat up the oil and fry both sides of the chicken breasts until they're a light brown. Remove them from the pan and then fry the bacon until crispy. While the bacon is frying, use two forks to "pull" the chicken into fine pieces.
3. Mix the cream cheese, parmesan, cream and parsley in a bowl. Season the mixture before folding in the bacon and chicken breast. Spoon the mixture onto the slices of bread and spread it out.
4. Now carefully roll up the bread tightly from the longer side. Next, spread a generous amount of melted herb butter onto the roll.
5. Bake the roll in a convection oven set to 360°F for 30 minutes.
If you like this idea, you can of course adapt the filling according to your tastes. Just make sure you don't forget the herb butter and a proper helping of garlic. Delicious!