Chicken Alfredo Pan Pie
Casseroles and pies are always welcome this time of the year, especially when you're forced to stay indoors because of the bad weather. So here's a tasty recipe that perfectly marries tender chunks of chicken breast with a wonderfully thick and creamy Alfredo sauce. Once you break through that crispy pastry dome, you'll see why our fantastic pie is a true winner this winter!
- 10 oz chicken breast, diced
- oil for frying
- 5 oz potatoes, diced
- 5 oz broccoli, cut into florets
- 12 fl oz cream
- 4 oz grated parmesan
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 oz butter
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 1 whisked egg for the egg wash
- Fry the chicken breast pieces in hot oil, ideally in a cast iron skillet as we've used in the video. Then add the potatoes, broccoli, salt, and pepper. Leave the vegetables to cook with the chicken.
- Pour the cream into the pan before adding the parmesan, cream cheese, garlic, and butter. Mix the ingredients and leave everything to cook for 10 minutes. Now you can stir in the tomatoes.
- Take the pan off from the heat and place the puff pastry on top so that it hangs over the edge of the pan. Press the pastry down along the edge of the pan and brush it with the whisked egg. Bake the dish at 375°F for 20 minutes in a preheated oven.
It's now time to watch your oven TV as the pastry slowly rises to form an impressive dome over the pan — quite the sight! Once your tasty pie is out of the oven, take a spoon and dig right into the deliciousness inside. Enjoy!