Smother Your Potato Wedges In Melted Cheese & Serve Them In A Crunchy Bacon Bowl
As the days get colder, a no-frills evening spent snuggled under the covers with some hearty comfort food is calling your name. So now it’s just a matter of choice: crispy bacon or melted cheese? Who says you have to choose? Both are irresistible, so go ahead and combine them in this ingenious recipe that will make both you and your dishwasher happy.
- 1 oven safe glass bowl
- 3 potatoes
- enough slices of prosciutto (or bacon) to cover the bowl
- 14 slices raclette cheese (or Gruyère or Swiss cheese)
1. Place an oven safe glass bowl upside down on your work surface and lay the prosciutto or bacon over it slice by slice until the entire bowl is covered.
2. Bake the dish at 265°F for 30 minutes. Let it cool thoroughly and then carefully remove the meat bowl from the glass.
3. Add some cooking oil to a large saucepan and bring it to a boil. Halve the potatoes and cut them lengthwise into small strips. Put the potatoes in the boiling oil and cook until crispy.
4. Season the potato wedges to your taste with salt, paprika, and rosemary, and pour them into the cooled bacon bowl.
5. Arrange the slices of raclette cheese in a deep, coated pan and melt the cheese, making sure to stir constantly so that the cheese doesn’t burn.
6. Now pour the creamy cheese over the potato wedges. Chop the gherkins and parsley and sprinkle over the cheesy potatoes.
7. Now it’s time to eat! Feel free to dip either the potato wedges or pieces of the bacon bowl in the ooey, gooey cheese.
This rich and cheesy meal is so delicious, but best of all, you'll have one less dish to wash! Enjoy.