Grilled Pork Chops With A Cheesy Potato Topping
Grilling is one of the best summer activities there is to do, even if it's already pretty late in the summer. Whether it's a rugged picnic in the great outdoors, or a lovely get-together in your own backyard, nothing says summer like a tasty BBQ. Some of the favorites at any cookout are going to be pork, potatoes, and cheese, but instead of loading up your plate with a ton of different side dishes, why not combine them into one tasty meal that you'll never forget? That's exactly what you'll get with this smoky dish that you can make directly on a grilling plank!
- 1 hickory grilling plank
- 12 fl oz bottle of beer
- 28 oz pork loin
- salt & pepper
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
1. Pour the beer into a casserole dish and soak the grilling plank in it for at least 2 hours.
2. Remove the fat and connective tissue from the pork loin, cut it into 3 pieces, and flatten the pieces with your hands. Season the meat with salt and pepper.
3. Peel the potatoes and grate them in a bowl. Add the chopped shallots, minced garlic, egg yolks, cream cheese, and bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper and stir into a creamy mixture.
4. Place the beer-soaked grilling plank on the BBQ and grill briefly. Turn the board over, place the 3 pork chops on it, and grill for 7 minutes. Turn the pork chops over and spread the cheesy potato mixture on top of each fillet. Grill for another 4–5 minutes until the crust is nice and crispy.
Pork chops topped with cheesy potatoes are the perfect meal to serve at any BBQ, especially for meat lovers. And the crispy potato crust perfectly compliments the tender pork filet — how yummy!
You can find the recipe for the Apple Pork Roast featured in the bonus video here.