Giant Cheesy Meat Roll With Ground Beef, Prosciutto, Pesto, And Lasagna Noodles
We've all had meatloaf, meatballs, and meat lasagna, but if those dishes are the only ways you're cooking your ground beef, then you're missing out on a whole new world of deliciousness. This giant cheesy meat roll is taking a hearty layer of ground beef, stacking it up with lasagna noodles, pesto, prosciutto, and mozzarella, and rolling it up into a giant swirl to bring you a mouthwatering meaty masterpiece. From its stunning presentation to its tantalizing combination of flavors, this dish is truly the stuff that dreams are made of!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Difficulty Level: Moderate
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 16 oz pesto
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 17 slices of prosciutto
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
1. Press the ground beef into a greased 12 x 16-inch sheet pan, cover the meat with parchment paper, flip everything over, and carefully remove the sheet pan.
2. Top the ground beef sheet with layers of pesto, cooked lasagna noodles, 13 prosciutto slices, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
3. Cut the stacked meat sheet lengthwise into 5 even strips and roll up the first strip.
4. Place the first meat roll on the second meat strip and roll it up. Repeat with the rest of the meat strips until you have a giant meat roll. Lay the giant meat roll flat and wrap 4 prosciutto slices around the sides. Heat some olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, place the giant meat roll inside the skillet, and briefly fry the meat. Spread the crushed tomatoes, garlic cloves, and rosemary sprigs around the giant meat roll in the skillet, transfer the skillet to a preheated oven, and cook at 350°F for 35 minutes.
Meatloaf is going to have to take a backseat this winter, because this fun new way to serve ground beef will have you and your family lining up for seconds – and maybe even thirds!
Get the recipe for the Cheese-Stuffed Spiral Pizza featured in the bonus video.