Cheesy Fried Hot Dogs On A Stick
A hot dog is the ideal snack for any time of day. Whether you pick one up from a hot dog stand or make them yourself at home – they're always delicious and super easy to make. If you're into hot dogs as much as we are, you should definitely try this totally unique version. This dog gets wrapped in cheese and dough and is then fried to crunchy perfection. But the cherry on top is the the appearance – it actually looks like an adorable octopus!
You'll Need (for 2):
For the dough:
- ¾ cup rice flour
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup hot water
- 1 jumbo hot dog
- 3 oz block of cheese (mozzarella, Swiss, white cheddar)
- bread crumbs
- wooden skewers
- 2 olives, cut in half
- cream cheese
1. Combine the flour, rice flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, butter, and water until it forms a dough. Divide the dough into two equal pieces.
2. Cut the jumbo hot dog in half and cut a few slices into the hot dog ends that go no further than the middle.
3. Cut the cheese block into 2 equal pieces. Put one hot dog half on each skewer, followed by a piece of cheese.
4. Wrap one section of dough around each skewer so that only the lower half of the hot dog is visible.
5. Dredge the skewers in bread crumbs and deep fry at 300°F.
6. Glue the olive pieces to the fried hot dog with a little bit of cream cheese to make the "eyes" of the octopus.
If you're sick of the same old hot dog, you've got to give this one a try! The bread crumbs give it a super crunchy exterior and the melted cheese makes it even better. Enjoy!
You can find the recipe for the Mini Octopus Corn Dogs featured in the bonus video here.