Cheesy Chicken Parmesan – Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breast with Tomato Sauce
Some people will have you think that the three most important words in the English language are: "I love you." Wrong. They're actually: "Stuffed with cheese." This cordon bleu meets schnitzel meets chicken parmigiana dish is the recipe you've been waiting for your entire life, and it's entirely possible you'll find yourself uttering those other three little words to your plate once this comes out of the oven.
You'll Need (for 3 portions):
- 3 chicken breasts
- 5 oz shredded mozzarella
- 2 eggs, beaten
- bread crumbs
- 13½ fl oz tomato sauce
- oil for frying
- 3½ oz grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped
1. Sprinkle your work area with salt. Place a chicken breast on top, sprinkle some salt on it, and cut the meat half-way through on one side so that you will be able to stuff it. Fill with mozzarella and then firmly squeeze the meat together. Repeat with the rest of the chicken breasts.
2. Dredge the stuffed chicken breasts in the flour, egg wash, and finally in the bread crumbs. Make sure the chicken breast is entirely coated in bread crumbs and the final coating doesn't flake off. Repeat with the rest of the stuffed chicken breasts.
3. Fry the breaded chicken breasts in hot oil until golden brown on both sides.
4. Fill a casserole dish with about three quarters of the tomato sauce and place the fried chicken breasts on top. Spread the rest of the tomato sauce on the meat.
5. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and basil on the breaded chicken breasts, put the casserole dish in the oven, and bake at 360°F for 20 minutes.
The culinary world of schnitzel and cordon-bleu variations is wide and big. In order not to get lost in it, it's recommended to test cook each dish and eat your way through each recipe! Our favorites include: Schnitzel Gratin with Curry Sauce, Kielbasa Schnitzel, Puff Pastry Cordon Bleu, Gigantic Cordon Bleu, and Mini Cordon Bleu. Also be sure to try out the bonus video recipe for Cordon Bleu with Béchamel Sauce!