Crispy Chicken Legs Stuffed With Mashed Potatoes & Cheese
Chicken is always a popular dinner option, especially because it has great flavor and little fat. But sometimes you just have to treat yourself to the finer things in life, so go ahead and mix your tender chicken meat with creamy mashed potatoes and cheese and fry it up nice until it's good and crispy!
For the chicken:
- 6 chicken legs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 5 fl oz white wine
- 10 fl oz chicken broth
- 14 oz mashed potatoes
- 7 oz shredded mozzarella
- 1 tbsp paprika
- oil for frying
For the breading:
- 6 oz flour
- 3 eggs
- 6 oz bread crumbs
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook them in a bit of oil on both sides in a pan over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic, rosemary, white wine, and chicken broth to the pan, cover with a lid, and let the chicken cook for 45 minutes.
3. Remove the chicken legs from the pan and let them cool. Then gently pull the bones out and set them aside for now.
4. Shred the chicken meat and mix it with the mashed potatoes, paprika, and half of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
5. Flatten one heaping tablespoon of the chicken mixture in one hand and spread some mozzarella over it. Then place one of the chicken bones in the middle and form the mixture around the bone so it looks like a chicken leg. Repeat with the rest of the chicken bones and freeze for 20 minutes to let them set.
6. Dredge the cheesy chicken legs in flour, whisked eggs, and bread crumbs. Fry them in boiling oil at 350°F until golden brown.
Just slide the bone out of the cheesy mashed potato chicken balls and you've suddenly got yourself boneless chicken!
You can find the recipe for the Fried Chicken Donuts featured in the bonus video here.