No long faces here! Turn complaints about cauliflower into raves.
In a struggle that might actually coincide with the first appearance of hominids on planet Earth, parents have been wracking their brains to try and get their kids to eat their vegetables. OK, perhaps that's a slight exaggeration, but if you're keen to see a little more healthy fiber in your family's systems without the crying and the screaming, this recipe will be your new best friend.
What's the magic word? No, not please. CHEESE.
You will need:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan
- ½ cup cheddar
- 1½ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- olive oil
- parsley to garnish
- Wash the cauliflower and cut into small, bite-size pieces.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan, and cheddar in a bowl.
- Coat the cauliflower in flour, egg, and breadcrumb-cheese-mixture, in that order.
- Distribute the cauliflower nuggets on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 425 °F. When finished, garnish with parsley and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Watch the kids gobble up the veg!
Here's a review of all the steps:
And if you don't actually have any kids but just fancy a delicious snack for yourself, now's the time to admit it!