A pizza & cheeseburger mix is storming the internet!
Now that's true understanding between nations — an American classic combined with probably the most famous dish from Italy. The result is an XXL meal that's so tasty no one will be able to resist.
For the patty:
- 1¾ lb ground beef
- salt & pepper
- garlic (if desired)
For the dough:
- 17⅔ oz flour
- 1½ tsp dry yeast
- 2½ tsp sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- 8½ fl oz lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the topping:
- 10½ oz grated cheddar
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 4 slices of bacon
- 3 tbsp fried ground meat
- 1 tomato cut into slices
- 1 pickle cut into slices
- 1 red onion cut into rings or pieces
- 2 slices of cheddar cut into quarters
1. Start by seasoning the ground beef with salt, pepper, and garlic. Place the meat on some baking parchment and shape it into a round patty. It should be slightly smaller than your pan in diameter. Next, place the patty in the pan and fry it on both sides.
2. Add the flour to a bowl and make a hollow in the middle of it. Mix the dry yeast, sugar, and salt with the lukewarm water before pouring the mixture into the hollow with some olive oil. Knead the dough and leave it to prove for one hour in a warm place.
3. Knead the dough well once more before splitting it into two halves and rolling each one out flat. Place one of the rolled out pieces of dough on a baking tray covered with baking parchment and sprinkle around 5 oz of the cheddar on top.
Place the patty on top and sprinkle on the rest of the cheddar. Next, place the second piece of dough on top and press along the edge with your fingers. Now spread tomato sauce onto your filled "dome."
4. Fry the bacon in a pan and cut it into small pieces. The bacon pieces will be used as part of the topping. Next, add the ground beef, tomato, pickle, onion, and cheddar.
5. Bake the Cheeseburger Pizza at 360°F with the top and bottom heat on for 30 minutes.
If you're particularly fond of meal combos made up of different dishes, check out some of the others we've made over the years! For example, there's the wonderful Pasta Cake or, continuing with the American theme, our tasty French Fry Corn Dogs.