Everything you love is waiting inside: Cheeseburger onion rings
Let’s face it: there are times when one just needs a cheeseburger with french fries, or better yet, onion rings! What if there was a way to combine the juicy flavor of a cheeseburger with the unbeatable crispness of an onion ring? Prepare to experience love at first bite with this recipe!
You will need (for four portions):
- 1 red onion
- 3.5 oz. ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 oz. cheese
- dried bread
- 2 eggs
- oil for frying
- Halve the onion and set the four largest rings to the side. Chop the rest of the onion into small pieces.
- Place the chopped onion into a bowl along with the ground beef, salt, pepper, and oregano. Mix well. Now spoon the ground beef mixture into the four onion rings.
- Cut the cheese into four equal parts and place one piece atop each filled onion ring.
- Grate the dried bread into a bowl. You will need two more bowls to hold the flour and whisked egg, respectively.
- Dip each onion ring first in the flour, followed by the egg and finally the breadcrumbs. For an extra crispy version, dip once again in the egg and breadcrumbs.
- Finally, fry the rings in oil.
If onion rings are your weakness, they certainly do not get better than this. If you dare to take it one step further, add a bit of ketchup to a hamburger bun, place the onion ring inside, and ta-da! It's a cheeseburger like you've never seen before. And no worries, there is always room on the plate for a bit of salad. ;) Enjoy!