Homemade cheeseburgers — a recipe for delicious muffins
Imagine serving cheeseburgers as finger food. Sounds tricky, right? Well, you might want to give this fun and simple recipe a try — our tasty little muffins contain everything you'd find in a regular cheeseburger, but preparation only takes half the effort...
You'll need (for 6 muffins):
For the dough:
- 1 package of ready-made bread dough
For the filling:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 14 oz ground beef
- 1 diced onion
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1.8 oz grated cheese
For the topping:
- 12 pickle slices
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 6 small slices of cheese
- Before you start placing the pieces of dough in the muffin tray, you should be aware of the following. If you're using a tray made of silicon, you don't need to grease it first; trays made from any other material need greasing. Portion out the dough into 6 tray cups. Now make a mold in the middle of each piece of dough — this is for the beef later.
- Fry the ground beef in a pan containing olive oil. Add the diced onion and sautée everything together. Season the beef and onions with salt, pepper, and ketchup. To finish, mix the grated cheese into the meat.
- Now spoon the fried beef mix into each dough mold and place the muffin tray in an oven preheated to 320°F. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Those muffins will already look pretty tasty when you first remove them from the oven. It's now time to add the final decorative touches by placing the mini cheese slices, pickles, and a bit of ketchup on top.
Now you have the perfect buffet snack for your next party! These delicious bite-sized treats are also great for your kids when hunger strikes. And because it's such an easy recipe, maybe they could lend you a hand in the kitchen, too. ;-)