Hamburgers are an American classic and you've probably enjoyed them all your life. And while the beloved dish is always experiencing some kind of upgrade or reinvention, we bet you've never had them like this before! Take all the best parts of your favorite comfort food and combine that with all the best parts of your favorite late night snack and you've got the amazing Cheeseburger Kebab!
For the cheeseburger kebab:
- 4 lbs ground beef
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp pepper
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 large onions
- 2 large tomatoes
- 13 slices of cheddar cheese
- French fries
- hamburger buns
- thick wooden skewers
- food ring
- sheet pan
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F and cut both of the tomatoes and one of the onions into thick slices. Cut the other onion in half.
2. Season the ground beef with salt, pepper, and paprika and form 13 equally-sized patties from the meat.
3. Place one onion half with the cut surface facing down in the middle of a deep pan and place the food ring around it. Then stick a wooden skewer through the middle of the onion.
4. Now start layering the kebab: hamburger patty, tomato slice, cheddar slice, hamburger patty, onion slice, cheddar slice. Keep layering until you've used up all the ingredients and then top off the kebab with the other onion half.
5. Scatter French fries in the pan around the kebab, put the pan in the oven, and cook for 45 minutes.
Slice up the cheeseburger kebab and serve the pieces on a hamburger bun with lettuce and ketchup. Feel free to jazz it up even more with some bacon, pickles, crispy fried onions, or BBQ sauce. However you choose to enjoy this dish, you will not be disappointed!
You can find the nifty Frankfurter Brett chopping board featured in the recipe video here.