Cheese Fondue Towers With Rosemary Potato Wedges – Thrice As Nice
What's better than melted cheese? Three kinds of melted cheese! You've probably heard people go on and on about their fancy fondue parties, all the time wishing you had been invited, or at the very least, knew how to make your own melt-in-your-mouth dish. Because haters gonna hate, we'll show you just how easy it is to make your own cheese fondue that's a step above the rest thanks to a doughy casing and crispy dunkers.
For the dough:
- 23 oz flour
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1½ fl oz vegetable oil
- 10 fl oz lukewarm water
- 4 camembert cheese wheels
- 3 Chaumes cheese wheels
- 4 muenster cheese wheels
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 10 oz red onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Prepare the dough by mixing the above ingredients and kneading into a ball. Cover the bowl and let sit for 1 hour.
2. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
3. Roll the first portion of dough out into a circle. Cut the tops and bottoms off the camembert cheese wheels and stack the wheels in the middle of the dough circle.
4. Pull the surrounding dough up so it completely encases the cheese tower and tuck the edges in at the top. Roll out a second dough circle, drape it over the top of the cheese tower, and tuck the edges in underneath.
5. Repeat Steps #3 and #4 with the Chaumes cheese wheels.
6. Repeat Steps #3 and #4 with the muenster cheese wheels.
7. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and place the cheese towers on it. Cut the potatoes into wedges and spread them around the towers, along with the sliced onions, chopped garlic cloves, and rosemary. Pour the olive oil over the vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 45 minutes.
Now you can host your own fancy fondue parties any time you like, and the best part is, you can make everything from scratch — everyone knows that homemade beats out store-bought every time.
You can find the recipe for the Cheese Fondue Bread Bowl with Bacon-Wrapped Potatoes featured in the bonus video here.