Treat Your Blossoming Appetite To A Cheese Flower Quiche
If you want a dish that will impress at your next get-together, this blossoming cheese pie is just the party food for you! With a flaky crust, cheesy edge, and delicious bacon quiche center, your guests will be falling all over themselves just trying to grab a piece.
- 4 camembert cheese wheels
- 1 sheet of round puff pastry (14 inch)
- 1 egg for egg wash
- 5 oz boiled potatoes
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 5 oz cooked bacon bits
- 3 eggs
- 12 fl oz cream
- salt & pepper
- 1 red onion
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cut a small circle out of the center of 3 cheese wheels with a small glass and then cut the cheese wheels in half.
2. Roll out your sheet of round puff pastry and arrange the cheese halves in a flower shape about 1 inch in from the edge.
Tip: You can also cut a rectangular sheet of puff pastry into a circle or substitute a refrigerated pie crust.
3. Brush the outer edge with an egg wash.
4. Fold the dough around the outer sections of cheese and firmly press it into place, making sure to leave no gaps or spaces.
5. Cut the potatoes and remaining cheese wheel into small cubes and place them in a bowl with the bacon bits, parsley, cream, eggs, salt, and pepper. Mix everything together and pour the mixture into the flower-shaped space in the center of the dough.
6. Sprinkle chopped red onions over the mixture in the middle, brush the dough with an egg wash, and bake for 30 minutes.
And your edible flower is ready to be enjoyed! The combination of camembert cheese, sautéed bacon bits, creamy potatoes, and flaky puff pastry is an absolute dream.
You can find the recipe for the Potato & Bacon Quiche featured in the bonus video here.