Small In Size, Big In Flavor: Cheese 'n' Bacon Pastry Spirals
It's a common thing when eating snack foods: you grab one (or a handful) and then another, and then maybe just one more... next thing you know that can of nuts or bag of chips is history. This can also be the case when you're dealing with scrumptious little appetizers, and we've got a great one for you. These little bite-sized pastries are full of cheese and bacon — we dare you to eat just one!
You'll need (for 12 portions):
- 1 package puff pastry dough
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- Roll out the pastry and cover it with cream cheese.
- Sprinkle on the onion, parsley, bacon and cheddar.
- Roll up the pastry and cut it into 12 even portions with a sharp knife.
- Place the slices on a baking tray, baste them with egg and bake for 15 minutes at 350°F.
These yummy little spirals will make a great appetizer for your next dinner party — but make sure to bake a huge batch because they go fast!