Low-Carb Cauliflower Pizza Crust Topped With Fresh Veggies
If you're trying the keto diet or are just trying to eat less carbs, you know how hard it is to give up bread. Sure, there are plenty of tasty options and alternatives out there, but what about pizza? That's just one thing that one one can live without. But now you can have your pizza and eat it too, thanks to this delicious low-carb option that swaps a wheat crust for a cauliflower one!
For the cauliflower crust:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt & pepper
For the pizza sauce:
- 14 oz (½ can) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- ⅓ cup olive oil
For the toppings:
- 1 mozzarella ball (or 1 cup shredded mozzarella)
- 3 mini sweet peppers
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup sliced pepperoncini
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and break the cauliflower up into small pieces.
2. Place the cauliflower in a bowl, cover, and microwave on medium-high for 10 minutes or until the pieces are soft. Let the cauliflower cool and then wrap the pieces in a clean towel.
3. Squeeze the towel and drain the liquid from the cauliflower.
4. Season the cauliflower with paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper, and mix with the parmesan, garlic, and eggs until a dough forms.
5. Press the dough out in the shape of a pizza on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and cook for 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, prepare the pizza sauce by pureeing the crushed tomatoes, sugar, tomato paste, and olive oil. You can also prepare the pizza toppings.
7. Spread the pizza sauce over the cauliflower crust, top with mozzarella cheese, mini sweet peppers, mushrooms, onions, olives, and pepperoncini, and cook for 20 minutes.
When you don't have to worry about carbs, you can eat as much of this pizza as you want! You can find the recipe for the Cauliflower Cheeseburger Casserole featured in the bonus video here.