Spice up your cauliflower in a brand new way
Tired of simply steaming or boiling your cauliflower? Here's an amazing new way to spice up the appearance and flavor of this simple, yet versatile vegetable!
You will need:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 1/4 cups greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- juice and zest of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease a baking sheet with oil.
- Wash the head of cauliflower and remove the leaves and the stalk.
- In a large bowl, mix the yogurt and minced garlic.
- Add the lemon juice and zest to the yogurt mix.
- Now add the rest of the spices and mix well.
- Dunk the head of cauliflower into the mixture, and move it around until completely covered. Using a basting brush to apply the mixture is also an option!
- Finally, place the cauliflower on the greased tray and baked in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
The crispy, golden cauliflower that emerges from your oven has several things going for it: Not only is it loaded with flavor but once cut, it looks pretty awesome on any table! And because it's made with light ingredients, your figure will certainly be grateful. A bland vegetable, reborn!