What's For Dinner? Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole With Serrano Ham!
We've all done it — we've bought a cauliflower and then not known what to cook with it. The zucchini, tomatoes, and broccoli were cooked days ago, but still the cauliflower sits there in the veggie compartment, seemingly eyeballing you resentfully. Well, not anymore: we've got just the thing to inspire you to use it.
- 1 cauliflower
- 1½ tbsp butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 13½ fl oz milk
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 6 slices Serrano ham
- Wash the cauliflower, separate the florets and parboil them for about 10 minutes in hot water. Then drain them and place them in a casserole dish.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the flour and milk, stirring constantly to avoid clumps. Season the béchamel sauce with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Next, add the cheddar and mozzarella to the sauce and stir for as long as it takes for all the cheese to melt. Then pour the sauce over the cauliflower.
- Halve the slices of ham and roll them into little roses, and stick them in between the cauliflower florets. Now bake the casserole for 12 minutes at 375°F.
And there you have it. Next time you have a cauliflower left at the bottom of the veg basket, you'll know what to do!