Parmesan Carrot Fries: Veggie Snack With A Cheesy Coating
When it comes to snack foods, the selection in the supermarket seems almost limitless — potato chips, pretzels, cheese puffs, pork rinds... the list goes on and on. These might be great once in a while when you're hanging out at home watching a movie or as finger foods at a barbecue, but they're not really the healthiest choice. So if you want to eat a bit healthier, here's a homemade snack that has all the flavor without all the salt, sugar and preservatives...
- 4 carrots
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp chili sauce
- Peel the carrots and cut of the ends. Now cut each of them lengthwise into four pieces.
- Beat the egg, add water and mix thoroughly.
- Dip the carrot sticks in the beaten egg and then roll them in the parmesan.
- Place them on an oven tray and bake for 15 minutes at 390 °F.
- Mix the mayonnaise and chili sauce together to make the dip.
It only takes a few minutes to whip up some of these healthy treats and chances are your family and friends will agree that they're a lot yummier than chips or pretzels. A great idea for your next barbecue or movie night!