Caramel apples, baked to perfection
When the fruit trees blossom in springtime, it's always a sight to behold. What a shame that you must wait an entire year to witness such splendor again. Comfort yourself with this sinfully delicious recipe for baked apples. But these aren't just any baked apples. Watch as they bloom in your oven, bringing back memories of sweet blossoms in spring!
You will need:
- 2 apples
- 1/8 cup melted butter
- 2 caramel candies
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup flour
- Cut off the top of the apple and remove the core.
- With a small knife, cut two rings at the top of your cut apple. As this is not easy to do in one motion, simply puncture the apple over and over and work your way around the circle.
- Turn the apple upside down and cut from top to bottom so that crevices are formed.
- Mix the melted butter with the sugar, cinnamon, and flour.
- Place a caramel candy into each of the hollowed apples and using a spoon, cover the tops of the apples with the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
If you like, serve your hot apples with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!