Camembert Snacks: Perfect Harmony Of Cheese, Nuts & Prosciutto
Camembert comes from the village of the same name in Normandy, France, and as the story goes, it was first created by a farmer in 1791. It's a soft cheese with a very unique flavor and strong smell, and can be eaten just as it is or baked in the oven. But we've decided to take things a step further and create something with this gooey delicacy that combines some other interesting flavors into a snack you won't soon forget.
- one wheel of camembert
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 8 strips of prosciutto
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- Cut up the camembert into eight wedges.
- Press both sides of the cheese wedge into the chopped hazelnuts.
- Now wrap each wedge in a strip of prosciutto.
- Roll the wrapped wedges in flour, then in the egg, and finally in the bread crumbs. Fry them in a pan with oil until they're crispy and golden brown.
The farmer who created this amazing cheese probably never dreamed that someday we'd be doing this with it. Bon appétit!