Delicious Frittata With Cheese And Sausage
A frittata is the Italian version of an omelet, and the great thing about it is that you can get really creative. For example, you can put different veggies in there, but people also like to throw in meat or even fish sometimes – it's really up to you! Frittatas are also the perfect way to use up leftovers. This recipe uses cabbage and sausage with an onion and olive topping, making this a rich and very flavorful frittata. Oh, and did we mention there's mozzarella on top?! Try it out, you're sure to love it!
- 14 oz sausage
- ½ head of cabbage
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 tsp ground caraway
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- 14 oz cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup flour
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella
- nutmeg to taste
- 1 red onion, cut into rings
- 15-20 black olives
- shredded mozzarella to sprinkle on top
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Take the sausage out of its casing and fry up the pieces in a cast-iron skillet with some olive oil.
2. Chop the cabbage into fine strips and sweat them off in the pan with the sausage.
3. Add the diced onion and grated carrot and saute them. Season everything with ground caraway, paprika, parsley, salt, and pepper, take the skillet off the heat, and let everything cool while you prepare the sauce.
4. Mix the cream cheese, eggs, flour, and shredded mozzarella, then season the mixture with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Pour the sauce over the veggies and sausage in the skillet.
5. Cover the frittata with the onion slices and olives, sprinkle shredded mozzarella on top, and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
And there you have it – a perfectly golden brown, cheesy frittata. And once you dig underneath the crispy mozzarella layer, you'll find perfectly seasoned cabbage, sausage, and more just waiting to be devoured!
Get the recipe for the Stuffed Cabbage featured in the bonus video.