Cabbage & Ground Beef Come Together To Form A Really Hearty Meal
Is your kitchen shelf already bowing under the weight of every cookbook you've ever owned (we know, you'll get round to trying all those recipes one day...)? Is your browser filled with thousands of bookmarks for things you think look interesting but haven't tried making yet? The range of options you could make is almost as big as your inability to choose something. But if you really want to try something different, you know you can always rely on us here at the Scrumdiddlyumptious kitchen. So if you're looking for a hearty meal that's a cut above the rest, give this cabbage and ground beef recipe a try. It really is the bomb!
For the ground meat:
- 2⅔ lb ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1¾ oz breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp ground caraway
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 oz parsley, chopped
- 1 cabbage
- 3½ oz cheese stick
- 3½ oz honey
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 fl oz canola oil
1. Put the ground beef and all the ingredients for seasoning it in a large bowl and knead everything together thoroughly.
2. Put the entire cabbage in a large pan of water and cook it for about 20 minutes.
3. Cut the stalk out of the cooked, softened cabbage to create a large, deep hole.
4. Stuff the hole with the ground meat. Place the stick of cheese in the middle. Then cover the cabbage completely with the ground beef.
5. Mix a marinade out of honey, paprika, and canola oil and paint it over the surface of the cabbage and meat bomb. Then bake in an oven for 60 minutes at 320°F with the heat coming from above and below.
The fine honey marinade has just as much impact as the cabbage-meat combo itself! Thankfully, the only protective equipment you need for dealing with this bomb is a knife and fork, and possibly a napkin. So what are you waiting for?