Savoy Cabbage Casserole With Lasagna Sheets, Seasoned Ground Beef, Potato Slices & A Creamy Béchamel Sauce
Savoy cabbage doesn't get nearly the kind of attention it deserves, but that's all about to change with this delicious casserole dish that will be your new go-to lasagna dish from here on out!
- 1 savoy cabbage
- 4-6 lasagna noodles
- 10 oz potatoes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 oz shredded cheese
- 16 fl oz béchamel sauce
- 3 oz butter, cut into pats
- 2 oz grated parmesan
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and boil a head of savoy cabbage for 10 minutes.
2. Separate the cabbage leaves from the head and remove the stalk in the middle. Cook the lasagna noodles in boiling water for 2 minutes. Peel the potatoes, boil them for 10-12 minutes, and slice them.
3. Brown the ground beef and season with garlic, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper.
4. Arrange the cabbage leaves in a springform pan so that they hang over the edge and lay down the first layer of potato slices.
5. Continue layering in the following order: shredded cheese, ground beef, ripped cabbage leaves, and a generous helping of béchamel sauce.
6. Finish with a layer of lasagna noodles on top. Then repeat the entire process and add another layer of everything in the same order.
7. Finally, place 1-2 savoy cabbage leaves on top and fold in the hanging leaves. Place the butter pats on the cabbage leaves and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, pour more béchamel sauce on top and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake at the same temperature for another 20 minutes.
Now if that's not a delicious alternative to classic lasagna, then we don't know what is! The combination of savoy cabbage, béchamel sauce, and ground beef is simply divine.
You can find the recipe for the Savoy Cabbage Casserole With Ham, Apples, And Potatoes & A Creamy Homemade Dressing featured in the bonus video here.