Muggles take note: This is how you make nonalcoholic Butterbeer!
Enthusiastic Harry Potter fans love the ideas behind the culinary specialities of the world of Hogwarts, everything from Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans to Chocolate Frogs to Butterbeer. Reading the books left some people salivating to try to recreate these magical treats in their Muggle world kitchens and for Butterbeer at least, they can now give it a try. In the books, Hogwarts students were allowed to drink it, and now everyone else can too, because the recipe is nonalcoholic.
You'll need (for 1 glass):
- 1 tsp water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 oz butter
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon, as well as a pinch for garnishing
- 1 bottle of nonalcoholic beer
- whipped cream
- Put the water and sugar in a pan and melt the sugar. Once you've created a thick syrup, add the butter and melt that in too.
- Now stir in the cream, then the vanilla extract and then add the cinnamon.
- Next, you can slowly pour in the beer and stir.
- Pour the Butterbeer into a large glass, top it off with whipped cream and sprinkle some cinnamon over the top.
Without a single drop of alcohol, this magical beer can put you in a good mood. Whether that's down to the taste, or finally being able to drink a much-loved fantasy beverage, you'll have to decide for yourself. But even people who aren't Harry Potter fans will enjoy it too... Cheers!