Brighten your morning with a bacon and egg breakfast turnover
There's nothing better than a a warm, flaky pastry for breakfast, smeared with butter and jam. If you're craving a more savory alternative, check out this wonderful breakfast idea. It's bacon and eggs like you've never seen them before!
You will need:
- pastry dough
- 5 eggs
- bell pepper
- grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Roll out the pastry, cut into triangles, and arrange in a star shape with the tips pointing out.
- On each point of the star, place a slice of bacon.
- Arrange a ring of grated cheese on top of the bacon, at the center of the star.
- Scramble 5 eggs with salt, pepper, and chopped bell pepper.
- Spoon the scrambled eggs onto the grated cheddar in the center of the dough.
- Add a second layer of grated cheddar cheese on top of the eggs.
- Now take the outer tips of the pastry dough, and pull them towards the center, creating a ring.
- Brush with egg and bake at 350° F for 20 minutes.
Good morning! With a breakfast turnover this delicious, you'll probably want to make it for dinner as well. If you're a vegetarian, simply omit the bacon and add all the veggies you like. Enjoy!