This breakfast braid recipe will make you want breakfast all day long
Are you in need of a unique idea for your next Sunday morning breakfast? Then you're in the right place! May I introduce: the breakfast braid - stuffed full of all kinds of deliciousness that make for the perfect breakfast.
You'll need the following ingredients:
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup of cream
- 2 oz. of scallions
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. of pepper
- 1 tbsp. of oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 8 slices of ham
- 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese
Here's what you do:
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut it into 8 equal-sized pieces. Now you'll have 16 pieces.
- Cut twice into 8 of the pieces but not all the way through so that 3 strands form, which you will then braid. Then press both ends of the dough braid firmly in place so that they don't open.
- Add 8 eggs into a bowl and mix in cream, then add the finely chopped scallions, salt and pepper.
- Heat up the oil in a pan and add the finely chopped garlic cloves. Then add the seasoned egg mixture until you get a nice and lush scrambled egg.
- Lay a slice of ham, a generous spoonful of scrambled egg and about 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese on the remaining pieces of puff pastry.
- Cover the pieces of puff pastry with braided pieces and coat them in whisked egg.
- Bake the breakfast braids at 360°F for 25 minutes in the oven and enjoy!
Here's a video tutorial to the recipe:
These delicious breakfast braids are not just delicious; they also look absolutely stunning. And if you don't want to have such a hearty breakfast in the morning, the braids can also be filled with sweet stuff too.