Cheesy Bread In A Can
Three cowboys can be seen in the flickering glow of the camp fire. On a starry night in the Rocky Mountains, the silence is only broken by intermittent snorting from the horses in the background. Hungry from a tough day in the heat, the men decide it's time to take out their provisions from their packs. The aromas are wonderful, the taste sublime!
For the bread:
- 16 oz flour
- 10 fl oz milk
- 8 oz butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp dry yeast
For the filling:
- 6 oz shredded mozzarella
- 6 oz cabanossi, diced
- 10 green olives, sliced
- melted mozzarella for the cheese sauce
- 3 cans
1. Mix the butter, eggs, milk, and dry yeast in a bowl using an electric whisk. Next, add the flour and knead everything into a smooth dough using your hands.
2. Create three flatbreads from the dough and place mozzarella, cabanossi and olives on top of each one. Keep back some of the mozzarella for later. Now wrap up the filling in the dough so that it's in the shape of a ball.
3. Cut the parchment paper into three strips that will fit into the inside of the cans. Add the dough to the cans and bake everything at 350°F for 20 minutes.
4. In the last step, use a wooden spoon to create holes in the bread. Now pour the cheese sauce into the holes. Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella on top of each can. Place the cans in an oven set to 400°F with the top heat on for four more minutes.
Though unusual, this is one tasty recipe that's perfect for movie nights with friends. And obviously it has to be a Western!
You can find the recipe for the second video here.