This recipe for Brazilian carrot cake is divine!
Carrots are more versatile than most people realize. They taste delicious by themselves or as a side dish sautéed in butter. It's also an essential ingredient in a real Bolognese sauce. If you combine it with apple, it can be a very refreshing salad or an incredibly delicious carrot cake. For the latter, the recipe is surprisingly simple. The best part about it might be the thick layer of chocolate glaze on top.
You'll need the following ingredients:
For the batter:
- 3 carrots
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
For the glaze:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
Here is what you do:
- Peel the carrots and cut them into large pieces.
- Add them into a mixer along with the vegetable oil and the whisked eggs and blend the ingredients into an even purée.
- Then mix the flour, sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Add in the ingredients from the mixer and stir it together to form a smooth batter.
- Add the batter into a greased springform pan and bake it for 45 minutes at 350°F.
- Meanwhile, reduce all the ingredients for the icing on the stove, forming an even consistency.
- After baking, allow to cool. Remove the cake from the pan and pour the thick icing on top of it. Carefully pour the icing into the middle and let it run off to the sides.
After you've tried this recipe for sinfully indulgent chocolate carrot cake, you'll never want to eat any other kind. Why would you? To feel less guilty about your calorie-rich snack, how about a serving of carrot salad on the side? Enjoy!