Bacon And Asparagus Quiche With A Potato Crust
Asparagus season is finally upon us! This particular vegetable has made quite a name for itself over the years as a seriously beloved side dish in many different cuisines, but it's high time asparagus got the undivided attention it deserves and finally take center stage. That's why we've come up with an incredibly delicious braided asparagus quiche loaded with bacon, potatoes, and cream cheese. Dig in!
- 3 large potatoes
- 28 oz cream cheese
- 5 eggs
- 3 tbsp flour
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 3 tbsp chives
- 5 green asparagus stalks
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- olive oil to grease the pan
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. First things first, prepare the asparagus. Cut 5 asparagus stalks in half and make a weave out of the asparagus and bacon strips as shown in the video. Then freeze the weave for at least 20 minutes.
2. In the meantime, peel the potatoes, cut them into thin slices, and place them in a casserole dish greased with olive oil. Make sure that the edges of the pan are also covered with potato slices.
3. Mix the cream cheese, eggs, and flour in a bowl and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Add the diced bell pepper, cheese, and chives and pour the mixture into the pan.
4. Take the frozen asparagus bacon weave out of the freezer and carefully place it over the quiche mixture. Sprinkle parmesan on top and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
This ain't your mom's asparagus dish! This recipe is a modern spin on an old classic. Who knew you could make a casserole out of asparagus, and that it would be this delicious? We did!
Get the recipe for the Hash Brown Quiche featured in the bonus video.