No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Sophistication
The best part of summer comes when the bushes are full of ripe, ready-to-be-picked berries. If you want to do more than pluck and pop them into your mouth, try putting fresh berries into a cake! This blueberry cheesecake not only requires no oven, but also embraces the "ombre" trend, resulting in colorful, delicious perfection. What are you waiting for?
- 3 oz cookies
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 7 sheets gelatin (or 3 tsp powdered gelatin)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 9 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- For the cake crust, crumble the cookies. You can do this either with a mixer, or by placing the cookies into a freezer bag and going over it with a rolling pin.
- Once the cookies are crumbled, mix them with the melted butter and press the mixture firmly onto the bottom of a 7-9 inch springform pan.
- Mix the frozen blueberries, 3 tbsp. of sugar, and lemon juice in a bowl and heat in the microwave.
- Soften 2 sheets of gelatin in cold water. Press the excess water from the sheets and then stir the gelatin into the blueberry mixture.
- Meanwhile, mix the cream cheese, 2 tbsp. of sugar, yogurt, heavy cream (warm), and lemon juice. Add 5 sheets of dissolved gelatin and mix well. Now spoon this mixture evenly into three bowls.
- Remove 4 tbsp. of juice from the heated blueberry mixture. In the first bowl containing the cream cheese mixture, add the blueberries only.
- Add the 4 tbsp. of juice to the second bowl, creating a lighter shade of purple. The contents of the third bowl remain white.
- Pour the mixture containing the blueberries over the crust. Let this layer set and cool before adding the next.
- Now carefully add the lighter mixture containing the blueberry juice. Again, let this second layer set.
- Finally, add the white mixture to the cake and if you like, drizzle with blueberry juice. Now place the cake in the refrigerator for four hours. Before serving, garnish your cheesecake with fresh blueberries.
Of course you aren't limited to blueberries. Wow your guests with a buffet of vibrant cakes, made with different berries of the season! And, if you're a patient baker, feel free to add additional shades of color. Enjoy!