This Fruity Dome Cake With Blackberries Is A Dessert Paradise
While cake rolls are nothing new, stack them together and what do you get? A gorgeous dome cake! If you like the combination of fluffy dough and fruity berries, you will love this recipe!
For the cake roll:
- 4 eggs
- 3½ oz sugar
- 4 tbsp hot water
- 3½ oz flour
- 1½ oz corn starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3½ oz red jam (such as raspberry or strawberry jam)
For the cream:
- 10¾ oz blackberries
- 1¾ oz sugar
- 1¾ fl oz water
- 2x 9 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 7 oz whipped cream
1. Mix the eggs, sugar, and hot water together in a bowl with a hand mixer until a frothy mass forms.
2. Pass the flour, corn starch, and baking powder through a sieve and then add it to the batter.
3. Pour the dough into a parchment paper-lined pan and bake in a preheated oven set to 395°F for 10 minutes.
4. Let the cake cool before flipping it onto a large, clean kitchen towel sprinkled with sugar. Remove the parchment paper. Evenly spread the red jam over the cake.
5. Roll the cake into a log with the help of the kitchen towel.
6. Cut the roll into 1-inch wide slices.
7. Add the blackberries, sugar, and water to a small saucepan, cook for 10 minutes, let the sauce cool, and pass it through a sieve. Make sure to save some of the berries, because you'll need them later. Prepare two bowl of cream cheese (each with 9 oz). Add the vanilla extract and the whipped cream to the first bowl, and add the blackberry sauce to the second bowl.
8. Line a large bowl with cling wrap and then arrange the sliced cake rolls around the inner edges and the bottom of the bowl. Place the rolls as closely together as you can, so that no gaps are visible.
9. Pour the first cream cheese bowl into the large bowl and place the remaining blackberries on top. Then pour the blackberry cream cheese bowl over the top.
10. Lay the remaining cake rolls on top and pull the overlapping cling wrap over them. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
11. Now your blackberry dome cake is ready to be enjoyed!
And people say baking is hard – but not with this handy recipe that's guaranteed to wow and stun your guests!