These Beer Can Burgers Will Become The Favorite At Every BBQ. Enjoy!
What at first appears to be an act of vandalism against a blameless burger, with hindsight, turns about to be a real stroke of inspiration. The beer can, standing proudly in the ground beef, didn't get there by accident. It creates space for a spicy, creamy filling that means these burgers leave all others in the dust.
You'll need (for 2 portions):
- 17 oz ground beef
- 12 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 2/3 cup cheddar, grated
- 2/3 cup mozzarella, grated
- 1 tbsp jalapeños, diced
- 1 medium-sized onion
1. Shape the ground beef into two balls and create a deep hole in each of them by pressing down with a drink can. Wrap four slices of bacon each around the rim of both patties, and then carefully remove the can.
2. To prepare the filling, add the cream cheese, cheddar, mozzarella and jalapeños together in a small bowl and mix into a creamy paste. Then use the mixture to fill the holes in the burgers.
3. Cut four large rings from the onion, and wrap each of them in one strip of bacon.
4. Grill everything over an indirect heat at 320°F for between 20 and 25 minutes. To serve, place each burger and two bacon-wrapped onion rings in a burger bun.
The badass name "Beer Can Burger" may sound intimidating, but you'll soon discover that these bad boys are soft souls at heart, with a spicy kick in the center that'll have you warming to them in no time. From the smoky bacon round the outside, to the melted cheese and pepper in the middle, these burgers not only look great, they taste great too. Anyone able to resist these temptations will definitely be missing out on the BBQ hit of the summer.