Sensational: bacon-wrapped grilled pineapple stuffed with chicken
If there's anything you haven't yet thrown on the grill this summer, it might just be this. But fans of Hawaiian cuisine will be really excited about this late-in-the-season sensation: a chicken-stuffed grilled pineapple with bacon strips—a variation of all your favorite Hawaiian flavors, but turned inside out! So don't roll away the grill just yet and instead get ready to luau!
You will need:
- 1 Pineapple
- 7 oz Chicken Breast in 3 strips
- 10 oz Bacon
For the Chicken Breast:
- 1 tsp Paprika Powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
For the Pineapple:
- 2 tbsp Paprika Powder
- 2 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
For the Bacon:
- 2 tbsp Barbecue Sauce
- Shuck and core the pineapple, retaining the top and bottom for later use. For your final result, it's important that a sturdy cylinder of the fruit remains. Use a long knife to remove the core.
- Cut the chicken breast into three equal strips and marinate in mixture of oil, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Stuff the marinated chicken strips in the center hole of the pineapple and then season the outside walls with paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Now the seasoned pineapple gets wrapped in bacon strips. You can affix these with help of toothpicks. Next, coat the bacon strips with barbeque sauce.
- Reaffix the set aside top and bottom to each end of the pineapple and secure with skewers.
- Set the fully assembled pineapple on the grill and let it cook for 45 to 60 minutes.
When the juicy grilled pineapple is done, simply cut it into slices and serve. After the fruit has absorbed all that bacon flavor, get ready for an interesting fusion of sweet and smokey! Aloha!