BBQ Bacon Beef Bomb Stuffed With Cheese & Peppers
If you think meatloaf is a little bit old-school, we're here to show you that there's a place for this classic dish in your life by giving it an epic twist. Our meatloaf is actually a meat bomb, and it's stuffed to the gills with melty cheese, sautéed peppers, and beautiful, beautiful bacon. And if that wasn't enough of a flavor explosion, this meat bomb gets a BBQ glaze and the bacon is brushed with maple syrup to take things to the next level. Salivating yet?
- 10 oz Padrón peppers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 12 oz bacon
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp BBQ seasoning
- 2 camembert cheese wheels (6 oz each)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
For the meatloaf:
- 4 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 oz jalapeños, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Sauté the Padrón peppers and rosemary sprigs in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Fry the bacon on both sides, brushing it with the maple syrup and BBQ seasoning.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the meatloaf. Line a bowl with plastic wrap and spread about ⅔ of the meatloaf mixture in it.
3. Put ⅔ of the bacon slices in the bowl.
4. Remove the stalk from each pepper and place them on top of the bacon.
5. Stack the camembert cheese wheels on top of the peppers.
6. Spread the remaining bacon slices over the camembert.
7. Seal the meatloaf bomb with the rest of the meatloaf mixture.
8. Turn the meatloaf bomb over onto a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet and carefully remove the bowl and plastic wrap.
9. Brush BBQ sauce over the meatloaf and cook it for about 45 minutes on the grill. Then sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese on top, cover it, and cook it again for about 15 minutes until the cheese has melted.
TIP: We cooked our meat bomb on the grill, but you can also cook it at 325°F for about 90 minutes and get the same delicious results.
For everyone who harbors a secret love of meatloaf but doesn't think it's "contemporary" enough, this one's for you! This meat bomb stuffed with peppers and bacon will knock you off your feet, and your loved ones are going to love the molten cheese pouring out of it like lava, trust us!
Get the recipe for the Cauliflower Meatloaf Island featured in the bonus video.